At The Recliner Sofa Shop you can buy our sofas with confidence as all of our frames are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery against structural manufacturing defects in the frame (excluding sale price or reduced-price goods).
Our warranty covers:
- Structural manufacturing defects
- The structure of the frame
- The frame springs
- The stitching
- The recliner mechanisms
- The electrical recliner components such as motors
The warranty starts from the date of delivery and applies to the person who purchased the product only and within mainland UK only. If the products are given away or transported outside the UK, the warranty doesn’t apply.
The warranty does not apply for accidental or deliberate damage, recklessness, carelessness and lack of reasonable care or protection of the product.
Our guarantee also does not apply if the manufacturers weight capacity of 100kgs per seat appears to have been exceeded and this has caused the damage complained of. In particular, recliner sofas must not be used above the recommended weight loads.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
In the event of a complaint or a claim against the guarantee of the product, please be patient as we will need to follow our procedures to investigate and resolve the issues. These are the steps we will follow with you:
- You must email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will record your claim and request videos, pictures and descriptions;
- We will then send a member of staff or independent inspector / engineer to diagnose or view the fault;
- After inspection, we will tell you whether your claim is authorised or not;
- If your claim is authorised, we will try to resolve the issue and repair the problem. If a repair cannot be made immediately, we will arrange for the goods to be collected, repaired and returned;
- If the goods cannot be repaired, we will order the necessary parts and replace only the damaged part of the goods. You may come across a slight variation of colour shades in the beginning, but once the product oxidises and settles into your room, the contrast will become less noticeable;
- If the goods cannot be repaired or the parts cannot be ordered to be replaced, we will replace the product for you;
- We will only replace the damaged or faulty goods. For example, if you purchased a 3 and a 2 seater sofa, and a fault is sustained by the 2 seater sofa, we will only replace the 2 seater;
- In the event the goods cannot be replaced, we will collect the defected goods and issue you a partial refund for the defected part of your order;
- The refund for the purchase of a ‘sofa set’ is calculated as follows:
2 Seater = 45% of the price paid
NOTE: The decision to repair, replace or refund is ours and at our discretion only.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED FROM THE GUARANTEE?
The following are not covered in our guarantee:
- Application of force or tension / pressure beyond 200kg per 2 seater sofa and 300kg per 3 seater sofa.
- Application of force or tension by jumping or the application of concentrated pressure.
- Evidence from the analysis of the structure, of a breakage caused by focused tension.
- The dipping of the foam in the sofa seats, which is inevitable and expected in all sofas which are routinely used.
- The ‘dippingʼ of the foam in the sofa seats varying from the 1st seat to the 2nd seat or 3rd seat. This is dependant o the usage and the regular tension applied to the foam, rather than a defect.
- The lack of symmetry between the height of the sofa seats / reclining element of a reclining sofa. This can alter dependant on the usage and the tension applied to each seat.
- The discolouration of sofas due to the ambience of your home or the use of products
- Wear & Tear
- Misuse (Accidental, reckless, careless or deliberate)
- Damage caused by you or others
- Failure to maintain
- Commercial or institutional use
- A product that has been assembled or stored incorrectly (e.g. damp or in direct sunlight.)
- Any item where an alteration has been carried out.
- Any item with other, existing wear & tear, damage, signs of misuse or commercial use or incorrect assembly / storage.
E.g - Your sofa has a cigarette burn, but you wish to claim under the warranty when the recliner mechanic is defective.
- Sale price, reduced price, clearance or display products are excluded from our guarantee scheme.